🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Gong Bao Ji Ding (Gong Bao Chicken)

D9b5c55b b447 4721 8409 02e1f146c432  021511f 084

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Gong Bao Ji Ding (Gong Bao Chicken) " from FrancesRenHuang. It says: What is the "marination"?

"Mix together the marination with the meat; set aside while preparing the rest. *Can put in fridge for the day."

asked by Arrxx almost 6 years ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

FrancesRenHuang may be better able to clarify, but I believe you marinate the chicken with the ingredients listed under tenderizing the meat (egg, cornstarch, salt, cooking wine) while you prepare the stir-fry.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I've made this recipe several time and that's how I interpret it.