A question about a recipe: Gong Bao Ji Ding (Gong Bao Chicken)

E4a2c52d 43e3 4a3b a021 a5fcb7f0eff7  2018 0508 gong bao ji ding gong bao chicken 3x2 james ransom 082

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Gong Bao Ji Ding (Gong Bao Chicken) " from FrancesRenHuang. It says: What is the "marination"?

"Mix together the marination with the meat; set aside while preparing the rest. *Can put in fridge for the day."

asked by Arrxx over 6 years ago

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

FrancesRenHuang may be better able to clarify, but I believe you marinate the chicken with the ingredients listed under tenderizing the meat (egg, cornstarch, salt, cooking wine) while you prepare the stir-fry.

healthierkitchen

I've made this recipe several time and that's how I interpret it.