Thanksgiving Blessings

I am packing up a few necessities for our trip to have Thanksgiving with our daughter and her boyfriend's family, and then "Friendsgiving" on Saturday where all of the wayward college students will join us...I will take my ipad (with my handy food52 app!), my zester (which will probably end up staying in her utensil drawer) and my reamer....the only other thing i need to do is to say "Thank You" to this wonderful community of cooks i found here this year. you've become friends and mentors and i appreciate your talents on a daily basis and i'm grateful.

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci November 22, 2011

How sweet, lorigoldsby!

TiggyBee
TiggyBee November 22, 2011

Dear Lori, I remember this same feeling last year when I was only a couple months new to the site. So grateful for the fun, friendships I've made and the way the site has made me a much better and confident cook. PS. enlighten me on the *reamer* Gosh, It sounds painful..
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and thanks for sharing your wisdom. Now, off to google reamer.

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby November 22, 2011

"Confident"--yes! I remember it took me awhile to answer my first "Foodpickle" post...kind of like, "Who am I to give advice?" then when I won "Foodpickler of the Week"...it meant as much to me as winning the best winter tart contest (kind of a Sally Field moment.."You like me! You really like me!" And now i will chime in on most subjects...the confidence that i get from having other cooks I admire say encouraging things about my recipes...pure confidence gold. so grateful for this.

boulangere November 22, 2011

Yes! I've had several Sally Field moments! I hung back for a few months as well, reading foodpickles, reading recipes, voting for winners, and i still remember the first time I answered a foodpickle and entered a recipe. I felt like I'd suddenly taken up skydiving. Have a wonderful time and trip, and a lovely holiday to all you sweet, sweet people!

drbabs November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings to you, too, Lori. (I love Friendsgiving!) Have a wonderful weekend.

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby November 22, 2011

and to you and yours as well!

Panfusine
Panfusine November 22, 2011

Wishing you a wonderful thanksgiving Lori..(love the term friendsgiving)

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby November 22, 2011

Enjoy that sweet little guy of yours this Thanksgiving! The boyfriend's family asked about using paper plates for Thanksgiving and our daughter, Kitty, told the story about how she used tocut out and decorate the blank sides of the paper grocery bags for our placements....(of course my good china went on top!) but that we weren't adverse to paper prouducts--it's about spending time with family and friends!

TiggyBee
TiggyBee November 22, 2011

Ok...gotcha now, never knew that's what they're called. But I'm the one that uses my Madeleine pans for ice cube trays! Boning up on my culinary terms could prove useful!

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby November 22, 2011

Sometimes i call things not by their "given names" but "google" is a definite kitchen tool at our house!

boulangere November 22, 2011

Love you madeleine cubes!

sdebrango November 22, 2011

Lori, you are so sweet and best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I feel the same way, as a newbie here I feel so blessed to count so many of the wonderful and talented cooks as my friends. I have learned so much and am thankful every day. Have a wonderful day with friends and family!

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby November 22, 2011

I keep forgetting you are a newbie here as well! You have really contributed a lot and i have enjoyed seeing you in the spotlight! We are so lucky to have found this community where if you regularly contribute, you are considered a valuable resource!

sdebrango November 22, 2011

Thank you! I consider myself so lucky. Speaking of a valuable resource did you hear AJ on NPR? She was terrific!! Gave a shout out to food52.

Panfusine
Panfusine November 22, 2011

@sdebrango: I was trying to catch that program on NPR, can someone please fwd me the link please?

sdebrango November 22, 2011

Let me know if this doesn't work.
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/2011/nov/22/melissa-clark-and-our-thanksgiving-side-dish-recipe-swap/

sdebrango November 22, 2011

Here is another one where you can listen to the show on demand.
feed://www.wnyc.org/feeds/shows/lopate

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks November 23, 2011

just listened to it, it was great!

Panfusine
Panfusine November 22, 2011

Thanks sdebrango, followed your link to the program, My husband had heard the program & was telling me about it, but listening to AJ on the show makes it 'personal'. Waiting to I tell him that I actually know one of the participants! Congratualtions AJ.. loved listening to you!