I didn't realize metal pie tins were preferably--is that mostly to get a cooked crust?

asked by Karenmwaters over 6 years ago

broccolirose
broccolirose

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

There's an article on Cook's Illustrated that says glass pie plates may be better to bake in since glass heats more slowly and evenly than metal, so you're more likely to get a golden crust and cooked filling.

I much prefer glass - metal tends to burn. And my hands down favorites is my Emile Henry.

I agree SKK, I use my glass pans for a pie that does not require a deeper pan but my Emile Henry always for apple or other fruit pies that can hold a lot of filling. Never disappointed with the results.

gt9
gt9

I am using glass now as my pumpkin pie bakes...will let you know about the crust...looking forward to golden brown.

Karenmwaters

Thank you all for your help!!!!