🔕 🔔

Can I use pan drippings in my turkey stock?

I was going to make turkey stock today using the carcass, giblets, onions, carrots & tops, parsley and salt and pepper. Should I also add in some reserved pan drippings from yesterday?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Drippings will add great flavor to your stock -- best to remove the fat first, or your stock may be greasy.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

This is one of the few times I'll politely disagree with Merrill. Because drippings are mostly fat I would be reluctant to use them. Remember that when you are making stocks you are trying to remove fats, not add them back in. I work through several steps in making clear stocks so I don't want to use drippings for anything but gravy.