Can I use pan drippings in my turkey stock?

I was going to make turkey stock today using the carcass, giblets, onions, carrots & tops, parsley and salt and pepper. Should I also add in some reserved pan drippings from yesterday?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Drippings will add great flavor to your stock -- best to remove the fat first, or your stock may be greasy.

This is one of the few times I'll politely disagree with Merrill. Because drippings are mostly fat I would be reluctant to use them. Remember that when you are making stocks you are trying to remove fats, not add them back in. I work through several steps in making clear stocks so I don't want to use drippings for anything but gravy.