Q: what is a great way to cook turkey chili if you are can't eat onions or peppers? thank you!

asked by @intuitioncoop about 7 years ago

Ghost Tropic

I would first brown 1 lb. of ground turkey meat in a pan, then combine in a large pot along with:

3 cloves of garlic, minced (optional if you don't like garlic)
2 cans of beans, drained (like pinto, kidney, white, black, or chili... just mix any two)
1 can diced tomato
1 can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
pinch of salt and pepper, and a little cayenne powder or sriracha sauce if you want some heat.

Just mix all the ingredients together after browning the meat, then cover and cook low heat for about 30-40 minutes. Or, use a slow cooker (on low) for about 3-4 hours.

This is just off the top of my head... try searching other turkey chili recipes for inspiration!

healthierkitchen

Chili powder is made from dried chile peppers, as is cayenne. Sriracha is made from chiles as well. Are you able have any peppers or are you just avoiding bell peppers? Without some kind of chile in it for flavoring it will taste different, but you can still make a nice stew with browned turkey meat, garlic, beans, mushrooms, etc.