🔕 🔔

i have a question about timing if you place ingredients in one souffle dish......thankyou

D5c1c351 db82 42b9 941f 6ea13df107ef  ss020811f 133

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups" from ENunn. It says:

"Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream butter. Add sugar, flour salt, lemon juice and rind. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in milk. Slowly add second mixture to first mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold into mixture. Pour into ramekins or individual souffle dishes and place in pan of hot water. Bake in "moderate" oven (350, in my case) for 45 minutes. You will have a layer of lemon custard, with gorgeous, lightly browned sponge on top. Let cool a bit. Turn out and serve with whipped cream, or serve still in the dish. You can also bake this in one large souffle dish. Aunt Mariah likes to garnish with a thin slice of lemon.
"

asked by whmcdevitt almost 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I'd guess about 15 minutes longer, but I'm not sure, since we didn't test them this way, and it will depend on the size of the pan and depth of the custard, etc. Just watch for the top to look puffed and golden and you should be good!