🔕 🔔

What can I make for dinner using only a toaster oven and a rice cooker (with slow cook function)?

My cooking gas is out til tomorrow, and I'm hungry. I have sweet potatoes, pasta, cheese, carrots, creme fraiche, cranberry sauce...

asked by HeviCooks almost 6 years ago

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Chop the sweet potatoes (and carrots too if you like) into cubes and toss them in olive oil with salt and black pepper (coriander, ground mustard, and smoked paprika too if you like!). Roast them in the toaster oven at 350-375 for about 20-30min. If you have leftover turkey or another already-cooked meat, you can mix it with a red (or other) sauce and heat slowly in the toaster oven 15-20 minutes. Just make sure it's got sauce around it or it'll dry out.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Do you have rice? If so, you can cook it in the rice cooker and fold in at the end: peas (frozen), diced cooked turkey or other protein (fish, tofu, chicken), scallions or other herbs.

2e76cf97 2d3d 429e a4b4 7be0bcf4c88d  headshot

The New York Times ran an article a while back about full meals you can make in a rice cooker: http://www.nytimes.com...