Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Not a question, but a statement: thank you!

Just got home after a trying meeting that left me feeling frustrated and unloved (not to mention, underpaid.) And what was on my doorstep? The Viking Hand Blender I 'won' here many moons ago! Frankly, I'd sort of forgotten about it, so it was quite a surprise. Perfect timing, and an instant antidote to a crappy day. Who cares about clients, when I can puree?!?

Anyway, I can't wait to use it - I think I might break it in with fiveandspice's pear/pancetta soup. And bonus: I made a roast winter squash soup over the holiday, which my new-cook daughter loves, but was lamenting that she couldn't make in her (first off-campus) apt., due to rudimentary tools. So, now I can pass down my old - not nearly as good, but still functional - hand blender to her...so my Food52 booty is a gift that keeps on giving! Thanks so much! (And apologies if this isn't really the place for this.)

asked about 5 years ago
84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

You'll love fiveandspice's soup, and I personally believe that most everyone should make roast winter squash soup throughout the season. In fact, I was just thinking of a similar trade-up/hand-me-down arrangement with my own daughter. What a great bonus to have FOOD52 facilitate it for you!

I love passing off things to my son and daughter. Enjoy that snazzy hand blender, amysarah, and purée those blues away.

I'm really glad, amysarah, to hear your news so I am happy that you posted it!! No apologies necessary. Enjoy your fun new toy!! ;o)

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I love the Viking Hand Blender! It whips cream, emulsifies and probably does more than I can even imagine...I too would like to thank FOOD52 for this marvelous gift! Please enjoy yours!

Seriously, so do I, and may I say that I am mighty jealous. I don't have a Viking, but rather an inferior brand. I'm not even sure what it is, now that I think of it. Nevertheless, I use one often at a beautiful cookware store where I teach evening classes, and I never fail to marvel at the power of its motor. You've many years happy puréeing to look forward to. Viking: I'll happily shill for you!

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

You will enjoy it!!! And so glad your day got better!

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Thanks all! What a treat - a brand new toy! I sense a lot of emulsions in my future...