Not a question, but a statement: thank you!

Just got home after a trying meeting that left me feeling frustrated and unloved (not to mention, underpaid.) And what was on my doorstep? The Viking Hand Blender I 'won' here many moons ago! Frankly, I'd sort of forgotten about it, so it was quite a surprise. Perfect timing, and an instant antidote to a crappy day. Who cares about clients, when I can puree?!?

Anyway, I can't wait to use it - I think I might break it in with fiveandspice's pear/pancetta soup. And bonus: I made a roast winter squash soup over the holiday, which my new-cook daughter loves, but was lamenting that she couldn't make in her (first off-campus) apt., due to rudimentary tools. So, now I can pass down my old - not nearly as good, but still functional - hand blender to her...so my Food52 booty is a gift that keeps on giving! Thanks so much! (And apologies if this isn't really the place for this.)

• Posted by: amysarah
  • November 29, 2011

Greenstuff November 29, 2011

You'll love fiveandspice's soup, and I personally believe that most everyone should make roast winter squash soup throughout the season. In fact, I was just thinking of a similar trade-up/hand-me-down arrangement with my own daughter. What a great bonus to have FOOD52 facilitate it for you!

boulangere November 29, 2011

I love passing off things to my son and daughter. Enjoy that snazzy hand blender, amysarah, and purée those blues away.

AntoniaJames November 29, 2011

I'm really glad, amysarah, to hear your news so I am happy that you posted it!! No apologies necessary. Enjoy your fun new toy!! ;o)

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen November 29, 2011

I love the Viking Hand Blender! It whips cream, emulsifies and probably does more than I can even imagine...I too would like to thank FOOD52 for this marvelous gift! Please enjoy yours!

boulangere November 29, 2011

Seriously, so do I, and may I say that I am mighty jealous. I don't have a Viking, but rather an inferior brand. I'm not even sure what it is, now that I think of it. Nevertheless, I use one often at a beautiful cookware store where I teach evening classes, and I never fail to marvel at the power of its motor. You've many years happy puréeing to look forward to. Viking: I'll happily shill for you!

Summer of Eggplant
Summer of Eggplant November 29, 2011

You will enjoy it!!! And so glad your day got better!

amysarah November 29, 2011

Thanks all! What a treat - a brand new toy! I sense a lot of emulsions in my future...