A question about a recipe: Cocoa Pear Crisps

Since this is essentially a recipe for dried fruit, does anyone know why the recipe states that they only keep for 2 days? Has anyone made them & kept them longer? Most dried fruit lasts for months (making it perfect for Christmas Gifts). I keep hoping that Rivka was just being overly cautious, but would love an experienced opinion.

6989a9f9 3c2e 48ab 9c7d dd8660919eab  120710f 443
Recipe question for: Cocoa Pear Crisps

Droplet
Droplet November 29, 2011

I assume that she means they keep their best texture for about 2 days, that is crispness and the cocoa dust layer, before moisture affects these enough to be noticeable when they are served as a snack. Not that they will go bad that soon.

Rivka
Rivka November 29, 2011

Hey there'd, sorry for the delay in answering your question. You're right that this is a recipe for dried fruit, and if you don't mind soft dried pears, you can keep these indefinitely, I suppose. I found that the pears lost their crunch after 2 days in the Tupperware - whatever humidity is left in the ears (or in the kitchen) softened them right back up. Hope this helps.

Blissful Baker
Blissful Baker November 29, 2011

Thank you. That makes sense. I think I'll do a test run at home & see how I like the soft texture. As long as the flavor remains, I think they'd still be delicious.