🔕 🔔

Can you make the recipe after browning meat and just before you add tomatoes and refrig and finish cooking next day w/ tomatoes, etc.?

88da2e31 98fa 4f64 a0b5 14e6cb41fb90  dsc00874

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Swiss Steak" from sdebrango. It says:

"Add a little more oil to the pan and put your steak in, brown on both sides. Don't cook through just brown the meat. Add the onion and green pepper, 2 cans of stewed tomato and salt and pepper. Cover with the lid, simmer on low for 1-2 hours or until meat is fork tender."

asked by PaulieG over 5 years ago

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

i hate to answer for sdebrango, but I'm sure she would encourage you to go ahead. But often these types of dishes repeat well if you reheat slowly, with the bonus that the flavors marry and develop.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Thank you Lori, yes thats exactly right. I often make it, refrigerate then finish it. Its so true, leaving it overnight lets the flavors develop and I find it tastes even better the next day.