🔕 🔔

How do I add vegetables to a roast in the crock pot?

I bought a pre-marinated roast from Trader Joe's with these instructions: brown in olive oil then cook in crock pot for 10-12 hours with 1/2 cup of water. I'm adding a ton of vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, peppers). Question: what goes on the bottom of the pot, the meat or the veg? And do I add more (or less) water?

asked by pnoeric almost 3 years ago

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Put the potatoes and carrots in the bottom, everything else around and on top. Start with a scant 1/4 c water - the veggies will throw liquid as they cook.

A1ef59eb f255 4a1d ae57 e7cdf5a05674  bunny head 200x200

Thank you!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

pn. meghan is right, but keep in mind that this is NOT roasting. Roasting happens in a very hot oven and the result is a crunchy sometimes caramelized exterior. What you are doing is Braising- meat or veggies in a liquid, done on a burner or in the oven or in your crockpot., resulting in soft tender meat and veggies. Delicious!

Edit: Aha! now i get it. You didn't ask what i thought you asked. You just left out the word 'add' to your title!