A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche. What is the Nutritional information for this recipe?

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the ingredient "Quinoa" on the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee.

asked by Pauline FitzPatrick about 7 years ago

The original recipe in Vegetarian Times does have nutrition numbers. On this recipe, look in the comments on some of the changes other people have made -- for me, most important was a substitute for the cheese to reduce fat and keep up flavor. You'll find that people on FOOD52 keep evolving these recipes, to suit taste or nutritional needs.

Pauline FitzPatrick

Thank you for your follow up and I'll go to Google and see what I can find out as well as Vegetarian Times. Many thanks for your help!

Hilarybee

Pauline, I would not use the Vegetarian Times recipe as your ultimate guide. I upped the eggs, which makes a larger pie and have excluded many steps, eliminated olive oil in some parts but adding it in others. It might be a starting point, but I really hacked at the Vegetarian Times recipe. If you are concerned about fat, you can omit the cream cheese, or sub neufatchel, goat cheese or another reduced fat, creamy cheese. A reader of my blog reported that she used reduced fat Boursin to good effect.

Generally, when I make this, I serve it as an entree with salad and/or soup. I usually get 8 good slices out of it, enough for ample leftovers which my husband generally takes to work or we have for breakfast.

Pauline FitzPatrick

Thank you! I can have Goats cheese so that might very well work out perfectly for me.

Add your answer here