Impromptu brunch this morning! Is there a quick apple dish I can make?

The best friends are coming over, and thus are forgiving of lack of polish. I'm making the Waffes of Insane Greatness and will have coffee and bacon. Also have a ton of mixed apples from the co-op, better for cooking than eating out of hand. Any suggestions of something fun but quick I might do with them? Thought of sautéing them, ho hum.

asked by JadeTree almost 7 years ago

this is super easy and takes about an hour from start to finish: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

JadeTree

Thank you, mrslarkin! It is even now underway!

bigpan

Core them from the bottom, stuff with granola and bake.

Baked, and you can even them in the microwave.
Another time, good luck with the cake.

ATG117

Sliced, sauteed in butter with granulated and brown sugar to taste until soft. Maybe sprinkle in a dash of salt, some vanilla, and if you'd like, some bourbon, and a splash of cream. Serve them with your waffles or on the side with greek yogirt and granola, or just on their own.