Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a 17th century flour bolter upon which, a beautiful painting of fresh ricotta was applied. The milky ricotta is offset by the sharpness of the dressing, the peppery rocket and the crunch of walnuts. —feastingonart
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, ground
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberries, minced
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 bunch rocket
- 7 ounces fresh ricotta
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- First prepare the dressing. Mix the olive oil, vinegar, oregano peppercorns and cranberries in a small jar. Screw on the lid and shake well. Keep refrigerated when not using.
- In a pan, toast the walnuts for a couple of minutes until they become fragrant. Wash and dry the rocket and place in large mixing bowl. Carefully break the ricotta over the rocket and tear the prosciutto into strips. Add the toasted walnuts before tossing with the Cranberry Balsamic dressing. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta