It is not really a Jewish\Israeli high holiday without beef This salad represent a New Year blessing for as many good wishes for the up coming year as the number of the seeds in a pomegranate. You should have pretty good year after eating this salad since it is not only very tasty, sweet and sour, but also pretty healthy. Not your usual appetizer salad. —Cordeliah
10-12 as appetizer
cups medium course burglar
dates cut into small pieces
cups pomegranate seeds
cup small red onion
cup pine nuts roasted lightly in a dry pan
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons pomegranate concentration
Juice from half a lemon
salt & pepper
In This Recipe
1. Submerge the burglar in a lot of hot tap water for an hour or so, until soft but not mushy.
2. Drain well.
3. Put in a bowl and add all other ingredients except for the pine nuts.
4. Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well and pour on the burglar mixture and mix well.
5. Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour and even over night.
6. Add the pine nuts just before serving, so they won't become soggy.
7. Optional: add thinly cut mint leaves from bout 3-4 springs