Very fresh and very healthy. So many flavors in very simple appetizer salad - sweet, sour, ludicrous. The fennel is the punchline. —Cordelia
pound fresh green beans
cups pomegranate seeds
big fennel bulb
red onion or one shallot
Juice from one lemon
cup extra virgin olive oil
clove of garlic minced
In This Recipe
1. Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
2. Meanwhile trim the ends of the green beans if necessary.
3. Add one tablespoon of salt to the water. Add the green beans and boil for 7 min or until al-dente (soft, but still have some bite and still bright green).
4. Drain and put right away in a bowl with ice water for 5 min or so. Drain again.
5. Cut the green beans to very small rounds lengthwise. Put in a bowl.
6. Cut the half bulb of fennel to small pieces - a bit bigger than the size of the pomegranate seeds.
7. Cut the fennel to small dice. Add the fennel and the pomegranate seeds to the bowl.
8. Chiffonade the mint leaves and add them as well.
9. Mix the dressing ingredients and pour on the green bean mixture.
10. This salad is great even after sitting in the fridge for few hours.