Usually I like my steak naked, but after eating the 'Steak Frites' at Beacon Hill Bistro in Boston and tasting the 'sauce' I decided I had to try to replicate it making it my own. So, I began experimenting with things, and this recipe is what was born! —Ally's Kitchen
1 1/2 to 2 cups
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Oyster, Shitake, Baby Bella mushrooms (or your preference of types!)
Fresh chopped basil, thyme, and Italian flat parsley
1 1/2 cups
Green Onion/tops (chiffonade cut)
1 1/2 tablespoons
Red Pepper Flakes
Fresh ground kosher salt & white pepper to taste
In This Recipe
1. Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, basil, thyme, and parsley. Cook about 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup broth and all the red wine and green onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat medium, simmer, until broth is reduced by one-third.
3. Combine cornstarch with remaining broth (1/2 cup) in small bowl and blend. Drizzle in slowly to mushroom mixture. Stir constantly about 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
4. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
5. NOTE: If you want a little more a spice, add some red pepper flakes.
6. NOTE: Add a little more freshly chopped parsley when completed and blend.