If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Try this easy to prepare and tasty portobello mushroom recipe. —hannascreation
- 4 ounces Mild Italian sausage
- 2 large mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons for topping)
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons for topping)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- salt n pepper (add to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Remove stems from all mushroom caps. Wipe down mushrooms with a wet cloth to remove all dirt. Using your hands, lightly rub each mushroom with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onion and garlic. About 15 seconds.
- Add sausage and cook until brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper,stir until well combined.
- Top each mushroom with sausage mixture equally.
- Top with tomato, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.