Author Notes: I wanted a healthy alternative to fried rice & this is what I came up with.It's Light, earthy, super nutritious & best of all it tastes great! Serve it as a side or make it a whole meal! —Lawrence III
cups cooked quinoa
bunch cilantro (chopped, stems removed)
ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
small white onion (diced)
splashes braggs liquid aminos
- In a medium sauce pan cook 2 cups of quinoa with 4 cups of water untill water evaporates. Set aside
- In a large skillet at high to medium high add a splash of olive oil until shimmering.
- Add onion & carmelize 3-4 minutes.
- Add cilantro & wilt for 30 seconds
- add another splash of olive oil & coat the bottom of the pan. Add quinoa & cook for 5-6 minutes turning once.
- Transfer Quinoa to a serving dish & then add another splash of olive oil, coat the bottom of the pan & add Mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until fork tender & pour over the top of Quinoa mixture.
- Add Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For