If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love chestnut! This is Japanese home cooking I often try in fall season. Very simple. I serve it after main course, with soup(miso or salty flavor). —burio
- 2 cups fresh chestnut
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sake **
- 2 inch square konbu(dried kelp for "dashi") **
- ** you should not use these if you don't have .
- sprigs of sesami(black) and salt for season on your own
- Put chestnuts and water ( not listed) in deep pan and cook for 20-30min.
- Peel hard skin and soft skin inside it. You can easily peel these if skins are wet enough.
- Rinse rice, add 2cup water and leave for 30 min to penetrate water into rice.
- Add salt, sake, konbu to rice and water in the deep pan. Top with peeled chestnut. Cover tightly with lid.
- Cook 10-12min over medium-low heat until water is boiled away Do not stir, not remove lid exept when checking water.
- Remove from heat, and leave15min to steam rice enough.
- Serve and season with sesami and salt.