Author Notes: This is a wonderful melding of ingredients for any young Spring green, including watercress, baby lettuces, and this combination. I tasted a similar salad in a restaurant in Truro, Mass. and have loved it ever since. —Bevi
handfuls young pea shoots
handfuls baby spinach
cup chopped and roasted pistachios
pieces thinly shaved Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
juice of 1/2 large lemon
cup fruity olive oil
1/2 to 3/4
sea salt and pepper to taste for the vinaigrette
- Wash the greens and dry them very throughly. Place them in a mixing bowl. Add the pistachio nuts and the cheese.
- To the lemon juice, add the honey and mix together thoroughly. Then whisk in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly and carefully toss. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe