If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great spring soup using fresh flavors of several types of onions and fresh thyme. —UncChar
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 yellow onions (julienne)
- 2 ramps (sliced thin)
- 4 shallots (julienne)
- 1 cup leeks (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup green onion (sliced thin)
- 2 ounces sherry
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1. Heat a sauté pan until hot, and then add the olive oil.
- 2. Add onion, shallot, leek, ramps and scallion and cook until translucent.
- 3. Deglaze with 2 oz sherry.
- 4. Add chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- 5. Puree soup with immersion blender and return to a simmer.
- 6. Add cream and season with thyme, salt & garlic pepper.
- 7. Garnish with fresh thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe