If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Juicy heirlooms displayed on a crusty savory ciabatta. —Teefor2
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons White truffle oil
- 1 bunch chives(chopped)
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 clove of garlic(minced)
- 1 splash Balsamic vinegar(if you can find a fruity infused balsamic-even better.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Slice the heirloom tomato into 1/2-1 inch slices...whichever you prefer. Lay onto a sheet pan and season with salt. Splash with balsamic vinegar and set in the fridge to marinate.
- Slice the Ciabatta in half. In a small bowl mix the chives, white truffle oil, and minced garlic, then spread generously over the ciabatta bread and grill, til crispy and marked.
- Slice the Ciabatta according to the width of the tomatoes and top with a handful of arugula and a tomato slice. Add pepper if you wish, even though i found the arugula to add a nice peppery finish.