If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was inspired by a recipe in the Williams and Sonoma cookbook, Southern Cooking. I have adapted it to suit what is fresh at the market and found it is as flexible as it is good. I have used peaches or mangoes, watercress or arugula. It makes a satisfying one dish meal on a summer night. —lime lassi
Champagne Wasabi Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 2/3 cup blood orange flavored olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice & pulp
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Marinade au Poivre
- 2 teaspoons vidalia onion & peach hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hara Masala ( corriander sauce found in Indian markets )
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar ( to taste )
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the vinaigrette. The essential idea is the play of the wasabi, hot sauce and fruit flavors with the champagne vinaigrette. There are many possible variations but this one was rmemorable. Improvise if you don't have one of the specialty flavorings like Marinade au Poivre or Hara Masala.
Salad with Smoked Trout and Toasted Pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 orange sweet pepper diced
- 1-2 Peaches or nectarines roasted on the grill
- 1 bunch watercress or arugula
- 1 fennel bulb shaved thinly
- 3/4 cup smoked trout ( flaked )
- 1/2 pint seared scallops
- Sear the scallops on the grill. Slice the peaches and wrap in foil. Place on the grill for about 10 minutes. Cut away the woody part of the fennel and discard. Shave the remaining fennel with a mandolin. Wash the cress or arugula and arrange make a bed on each serving plate. Tos the fennel with the vinaigrette and spoon over the greens. Flake the trout and add the peaches and pecans.