I know there are a million variations of this, but today I whipped up one that was so easy and really divine, so I wanted to share it. —VeggieQueen
- Serves 2 gluttons like us
or sheet pre-made puff pastry
good quality olive oil
goats cheese, soft
salt and pepper
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Defrost sheet of puff pastry if it is frozen.
- Add splash of olive oil to a pan on low-medium heat. Finely slice onion into strips and add to pan. Keep on this heat until onions have caramelized and are golden brown. Add splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Allow onions to cool slightly and then chop them finely. Also chop garlic.
- In a bowl, mix garlic, caramelized onions, goats cheese and thyme, until it forms one delicious bowl of cream cheese goodness!
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Take your puff pastry sheet and score about 1cm from the edge all the way around, being careful not to cut through to the bottom.
- Layer it up! Spread your cream cheese mixture on the pastry, then layer your tomatoes in pretty lines on top. Finish with a pinch of salt and black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Put in oven until pastry goes golden brown and tomatoes are nicely roasted and divine. For me, this took about 25 minutes, but my oven is slightly dodgy.
- Slice up and enjoy hot or cold!