If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know there are a million variations of this, but today I whipped up one that was so easy and really divine, so I wanted to share it. —VeggieQueen
Serves 2 gluttons like us
packet or sheet pre-made puff pastry
splash balsamic vinegar
dashes good quality olive oil
goats cheese, soft
salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Defrost sheet of puff pastry if it is frozen.
- Add splash of olive oil to a pan on low-medium heat. Finely slice onion into strips and add to pan. Keep on this heat until onions have caramelized and are golden brown. Add splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Allow onions to cool slightly and then chop them finely. Also chop garlic.
- In a bowl, mix garlic, caramelized onions, goats cheese and thyme, until it forms one delicious bowl of cream cheese goodness!
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Take your puff pastry sheet and score about 1cm from the edge all the way around, being careful not to cut through to the bottom.
- Layer it up! Spread your cream cheese mixture on the pastry, then layer your tomatoes in pretty lines on top. Finish with a pinch of salt and black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Put in oven until pastry goes golden brown and tomatoes are nicely roasted and divine. For me, this took about 25 minutes, but my oven is slightly dodgy.
- Slice up and enjoy hot or cold!