If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get the Sweetest Yellow Corn and Make into something special like a wonderful Summer Corn Bisque. We make this Bisque Vegetarian... and you could easily make it Vegan. —Poplar Springs
Serves 8 to 12
Sweet Yellow Corn Bisque
pieces Yellow Corn Ears
piece Yellow Onion
teaspoons Toasted Coriander
piece Clove Garli
pieces Medium Poblano Peppers
quarts Home Made Vegetable Stock
8 to 12
ounces Heavy Cream
- Cut Kernels from the ears of corn
- Rough Chop Onion and Poblano Pepper
- Sweat in a Sauce Pot your Corn, Onion, Garlic, Peppers and Rosemary with a little Olive oil
- Add Toasted Coriander
- Add Vegetable Stock and Simmer for 30 Minutes
- Add Molasses
- Let cool for 30 Minutes and then using a Blender, blend all ingredients adding the Heavy Cream Slowly.
- Once Blended together and checked for seasoning pass the soup through a China Cap to remove the skins. Chill and Serve as Needed
Toasted Cayenne Oil
tablespoons Good Quality Cayenne Pepper
ounces Grapeseed Oil
- Toast Cayenne in a Sauce Pan
- Add Grape Seed Oil
- Let Stand for 12 Hours and Strain through a fine sieve.
- Warm Bisque and Add Cayenne as preferred
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob