Author Notes: A variation of Masala Vada, a common comfort food in India —Panfusine
Makes 12-15 pieces
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 cup rehydrated split yellow mung dal
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida powder
- 1-2 tablespoons rice flour (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Canola oil for deep frying
- Shear the corn kernels off the cob,Combine with the rehydrated mung dal, chili, asafetida & salt in a food processor & process to a coarse & chunky thick paste/batter. If the batter appears runny, add the rice flour to thicken it to the consistency of cookie batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan, Using a cookie dough scoop, ladle batter onto your palm & flatten. Gently drop the flattened batter into the hot oil & fry till golden brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to absorb any extra oil. Serve hot with any chutney or aioli of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob