If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The quintessential autumn vegetable recipe- deep & smokey, with a pan gastrique to bring it all together. I serve this every Thanksgiving. —Stefano Coppola
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 12 ounces smoked bacon, cut into thin strips
- 5 shallots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a very large skillet, prefferably cast iron, cook bacon over med-low heat until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and reserve.
- Add canola oil and saute shallots until soft and begining to caramelize. Remove with slotted spoon and reserve with bacon.
- Increase heat to med & add brussel sprouts to skillet, having as many with the cut side down as possible. Allow to cook for 3 min, transfer to oven & roast for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Remove brussel sprouts from skillet. Add vinegar and sugar and cook until reduced by half and syrupy. Toss with brussel sprouts, bacon, and shallots. Season to taste with salt & pepper, serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts