If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is the result of my working with some of the very essential and basic flavors of my kitchen. I love the fact that this recipe can be served both warm or at room temperature. While, I have suggested spinach here, you can make this with almost any greens of your choice.
—Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
Serves: 4 to 6
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon freshly grated ginger
pieces garlic, pressed
Medium onion, diced
cups very finely chopped fresh spinach
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup low fat Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 1 minute and add the ginger and the garlic and saute lightly for a minute until begining to turn fragrant and pale golden.
- In a small skillet add the cumin and heat for about 1 minute until fragrant. Place in a mortar and pestle and coarsely bruise the cumin.
- Add in the spinach and cook for 3 minutes until the spinach wilts
- Mix in the black pepper and the salt and mix well
- Beat the yogurt and add to the spinach, cook on low heat until the yogurt is warmed through, but do not bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the spinach rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens