Author Notes: This is one of those totally satisfying, hearty, comforting meals for cool or cold weather. Easy to make and complete in one pot, it's something I make when there's not a lot of time to cook. And doesn't "hunky dory" mean completely satisfying? —inpatskitchen
Serves: 4 to 6
large onion, chopped
of a medium cabbage chopped in large pieces
medium potatoes, peeled and halved
teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
1 1/2 pounds kielbasa, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
2 to 4
tablespoons red wine vinegar, depending on your taste for tart
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet with a cover, saute the onion in the butter until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes, paprika, water and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add the kielbasa, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and simmer another minute or two. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!