If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my most recent CSA share I got a ton of delicata squash and beautiful baby arugula. A trip to the market surprised me with our first local honeycrisp apples. I made this seasonal salad with the bounty! —meganvt01
Food52 Review: This is a lovely early fall salad with all the right elements. Though preparing the squash takes a little time, it's worth it to get a nice crisp crust. I love how the sherry vinegar adds a nice zestiness to the dressing. The creamy goat cheese and the crunch of the apple combined with the peppery arugula and the earthy squash make this a perfect starter salad for weeknights and company alike. —TaraT
delicata squash, scrubbed clean, seeds removed, sliced into rings or chunks
honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped
ounces baby arugula, washed
cup crumbled goat cheese
small clove of garlic, pressed or finely minced
tablespoon sherry vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt the delicata squash and let sit for 15 minutes. Pat dry.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the delicata squash and cook until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes. The squash should be crisp on the outside and tender inside.
- Make the vinaigrette: mix the garlic, mustard, and vinegar. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked squash on a plate. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of vinaigrette. Toss the goat cheese, arugula, and apples with the vinaigrette and place on top of the squash. Add freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe