If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This came from the last farm stand tomatoes we are getting here in Maryland now. I wish I had thought of this technique earlier in the year - it made the most flavorful tomato salad with so little effort! Salting the salad all together forces the veggies to release their beautiful juice, soften, and meld some flavors together. The vinaigrette doesn't even need seasoning at this point. Just crack some fresh pepper at the end. —meganvt01
ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
of a medium onion, sliced paper thin (I used a mandoline)
of a medium fennel bulb, sliced paper thin
tablespoon minced dill
tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
teaspoon dijon mustard
teaspoon sherry vinegar
teaspoons olive oil
- Arrange the tomato slices on a platter. Top with paper thin onion, fennel, and chopped dill. Season generously with kosher salt. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Crumble goat cheese over top. Mix together the dijon, sherry vinegar, and olive oil and drizzle over top. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper