If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This stuffing is our absolute favorite Thanksgiving side dish. Such a perfect complement to all of the wonderful Thanksgiving dishes. Definite crowd-pleaser and easy to make! —mrsriley81
cups white bread cubes, baked until slightly dry
pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
cups coarsely chopped leeks
cups celery, coarsely chopped
cup dried cranberries
teaspoons poultry seasoning
teaspoons dried rosemary
cups chicken stock
salt to taste
black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pan, cook sausage until browned and crumbled. Remove from pan, set aside, and drain grease.
- In the same pan, melt the stick of butter and add the apples, celery, leeks, and poultry seasoning. Saute until softened, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, cranberries, and cooked sausage, mix all ingredients together well.
- Stir in the dried bread crumbs until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Moisten with chicken stock. Bake in a buttered casserole dish, covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing