Author Notes: I love stuffing- in a turkey, layered on a roulade or rolled into balls with spaghetti..................... —Kitchen Butterfly
Serves: makes enough to stuff a 16pound turkey)
Chopped Sage leaves or 1 tablespoon dried
Carrots, finely chopped
Chestnuts (roasted or boiled)
Crustless bread soaked
Optional: chilli flakes, black pepper
In This Recipe
- Heat butter on low heat with a bit of salt till brown and fragrant.
- Add sage leaves/dried sage and let fry for a minute
- Add chopped onions and carrots and let cook till softened, about 2-3 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Soak the bread in milk and squeeze out extra milk when the bread is softened
- Add sausage meat, 'milked bread' and chopped chestnuts to the chopped onion and carrots. Stir well.
- Season with chilli flakes and/or black pepper as desired
- Use to stuff a turkey, layer on a butterflied turkey or form into balls.
- If making stuffing balls, form using a tablespoon and place on a baking pan. Bake at 180 degree centigrade in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing