If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love mashed potatoes and these little bites are one of my favorites apps! I stuffed mushrooms with mashed potatoes mixed with feta and then topped them with one of the best ingredients ever - caramelized onions! —Kerstin
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
tablespoon unsalted butter
large yellow onion, cut into thin strips
ounces baby bella mushrooms, stem removed
Yukon Gold potatoes (mine were 13 ounces), scrubbed, peeled, and cut into chunks
cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter over medium low heat in a large nonstick pan and cook onions for 45 to 55 minutes, or until caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat and sauté mushrooms for 7 to 10 minutes, or until tender, working in batches. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add potato chunks to the pot and boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and mash in a large bowl (yield should be about 1 1/2 cups). Mix mashed potatoes with buttermilk and salt until smooth; mix in crumbled feta.
- Spoon potato mixture into mushroom cavities and top evenly with caramelized onions. Makes 12 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack