If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a kid, I didn't like salmon, but my parents sure did. My mom would make salmon frequently...and then make salmon salad with my leftovers. I may not have liked the meal the night before, but I loved my mom's salmon salad. I added wild rice and a few of my own touches here for additional flavor and texture (sorry mom!).
I recommend serving this salad in lettuce cups or on bread with a little butter. It's also delicious with a fork! —JessicaBakes
- 1 1/2 cups cold canned salmon (leftover works too)
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 large red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (2% or whole)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix everything together! Done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe