If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a traditional Balkan/Jewish recipe. It's so easy it's almost embarrassing to enter it. But it's delicious, and can be served hot, cold or at room temperature. To save on calories, I've substituted Olive Oil Pam for half the olive oil in the traditional recipe. —chefbj
- 1 pound celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 shots Olive Oil Pam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (usually from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- Put all ingredients in a large sautee pan. Stir well and cover.
- Simmer, covered, over gentle heat for 30-45 minutes, or until the celery is very tender.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature. Optional garnishes can include: celery leaves, parsley leaves, and/or chopped pimientos.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe