If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was in melbourne and I passed this little turkish vendor which was selling something called gozleme. It smelled fabulous so I got one to try and absolutely loved it. I looked for a recipe and this is what I found. Its a quick and easy meal considering you make your own dough and you can add different fillings depending on your preference. —The young chef
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 cups Low fat greek yoghurt
- Plain flour (to dust)
- 1/2 bunch English spinach finely shredded
- 100g Reduced fat Fetta crumbled
- 150g grated Kasar cheese or Cheddar
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- Lemon wedgesm, to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf Parsley
- Combine self-raising flour and yoghurt in a large bowl. Stir in a pinch of salt. Using hands, press dough together. Turn out dough onto a surface lightly dusted with plain flour. Knead to form a soft dought. Shape into an 8 inch log. Cut into four equal portions.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, fetta, kasar or cheddar, shallots and parsley in a bowl and season.
- Roll one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface into an 8 inch round. Top half of round with one quarter of spinach mixture leaving a small border. Fold over dought to form a semicircle. Pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and spinach mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds over Gozleme.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Cook Gozleme in batches, flattening with a spatula during cooking, for 2-3 mins each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a chopping board. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with lemon.