If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this recipe as a side for Easter dinner when we came across beautiful yellow peppers at our local market. You could use other peppers, but I think red, yellow or orange would work better than green, as they have that extra bit of sweetness, and the contrast of colours is nice. —twistybiscuits
- 4 Yellow Peppers
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cut peppers in half vertically. (We tried to keep a bit of the green stem on each half just because we liked the look.) Clean out the seeds and membranes with a sharp knife.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet, cut side up and bake at 400F until peppers are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash, dry, and trim greens then toss together to mix. Mince garlic.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat for about 1 minute to infuse the oil. Add the greens and allow to cook down and wilt a little, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove peppers from oven and greens from heat. Spoon the greens and garlic mixture into the peppers.