If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend brought the spinach, pear, nuts, and dried cranberries to my house for a collaborative dinner. I added the onions and improvised the dressing drawing on my collection of treasured fruit-infused oils and vinegars. —AppleAnnie
for the salad
- 1 packet baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bosc pear peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup toasted or candied pecans
for the vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon cranberry horseradish mustard (or other fruited Dijon mustard)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or other fruity balsamic)
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons orange infused olive oil (or add 1 tsp grated orange zest and plain olive oil)
- Place spinach leaves in a low salad bowl.
- Arrange onions, pears, cranberries and nuts over the greens in a decorative fashion.
- Mix the mustard, vinegar, maple syrup and salt together, whisk until blended.
- Whisk in the oil, one Tbsp at a time. If using plain oil, stir in the grated orange zest.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, and serve.