My friend brought the spinach, pear, nuts, and dried cranberries to my house for a collaborative dinner. I added the onions and improvised the dressing drawing on my collection of treasured fruit-infused oils and vinegars. —AppleAnnie
- Serves 4
- for the salad
baby spinach leaves
cup thinly sliced red onion
bosc pear peeled and cut into thin slices
toasted or candied pecans
- for the vinaigrette
cranberry horseradish mustard (or other fruited Dijon mustard)
balsamic vinegar (or other fruity balsamic)
orange infused olive oil (or add 1 tsp grated orange zest and plain olive oil)
In This Recipe
- Place spinach leaves in a low salad bowl.
- Arrange onions, pears, cranberries and nuts over the greens in a decorative fashion.
- Mix the mustard, vinegar, maple syrup and salt together, whisk until blended.
- Whisk in the oil, one Tbsp at a time. If using plain oil, stir in the grated orange zest.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, and serve.