Author Notes: I like my egg salad served on whole wheat toast with a thin layer of sliced radishes on top of the egg salad. After eating my sandwich one day, I dipped a leftover radish slice into leftover egg salad and realized what a perfect canape the combination could be. —Lucy Mercer
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, homemade preferred
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- To properly chop the eggs, I employ the same tool that I use to make a pie crust: a pastry blender. Halve the boiled eggs into a bowl and mash them up with the blender; you may also use a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, scoop about a tablespoon of egg salad onto radish rounds. Garnish with chives. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips