If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I brought this salad to a BBQ at a friend's house recently, and another guest remarked that it was "life-changing." I will have to agree there - it quickly becomes the star of any potluck buffet table, and the other guests never need know how little prep time it took. —d_ribbens
cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1/2 a large melon or 1 whole small one)
cups cubed seedless cucumber (about 3 medium-size cucumbers)
cup crumbled feta (or slightly more if you adore cheese)
tablespoons red wine vinegar
tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
sprinkling of freshly-ground black pepper
cup mint leaves, cut into ribbons
- Prepare your watermelon by cubing it into bite-size chunks. Prepare you cucumbers by peeling "stripes" down the sides with a veggie peeler so that the sides alternate having skin/no skin. Cut the cucumber into 1/2 inch thick slices, then halve or quarter the slices, depending on the girth of your cuke.
- Mix the cucumber and the watermelon together in a bowl. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and toss to mix.
- Make the dressing: whisk the red wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil together with the ground black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Add in the mint leaves, cut to thin ribbons, and toss everything together to mix. Garnish with additional mint sprigs if you wish.
- Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve; serve cold. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint