If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is nothing I like more than balsamic reduction -- it works wonders over grilled vegetables, salads, meats, fruits, you name it… —QueenSashy
- 7 ounces baby arugula
- 10 seckel pears or any other tiny variety, about 12oz
- 5 ounces prosciutto, shaved
- 4 ounces pecorino romano, shaved
- 3/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the balsamico in a small skillet or sauce pan, and bring to boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and simmer until reduced to about a third of the original volume.
- Cut the pears in quarters and remove the center. Light a grill or preheat a broiler. Brush the pears with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, cut sides up, until lightly charred, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
- Place a layer of arugula on individual plates. Top with prosciutto, pears, and pecorino. Drizzle with olive oil, and again season with pepper. Spoon the balsamic reduction on top and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar