If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have a small 19? x 7? elevated garden in our backyard growing, among other things, lush arugula. We love it when we can harvest parts or all of our dinner from the garden. You definitely can’t get it cheaper, fresher or with better all around quality. This dish came about as an alternative and innovative way to use the plentiful arugula in our garden. We love the peppery bitterness of the arugula and it's beautiful as a pesto or a pistou. This makes a very bright meal both in appearance and flavor. —REMCooks
Herb Crusted Salmon
- 4 Salmon filets, 6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Stem rosemary, thyme and oregano and place in a spice mill. Blend the spices to mince and add sea salt.
- Generously sprinkle herbs over salmon filets on both sides. Preheat a heavy bottom skillet over high heat. When heated add 2 Tbsp oil to the pan. Add the salmon filets to the skillet. and reduce heat to medium high. Cook filets for for 2 – 3 minutes (depending upon how well done you like your salmon). When you see the sides of the filets begin to turn a pinkish/white color turn the filets and cook the other side.
- Cook another 2 minutes. This will give you a nice medium cooked salmon. If you want it cooked completely through, cook another minute. Remove from heat and plate.
- Place salmon filets on a plate. Pour 2 Tbsp of the Arugula Citrus Pistou (recipe follows) on top of each filet and top with the quartered grape tomatoes. Serve & enjoy.
Arugula Citrus Pistou
- 2 cups fresh arugula, stemmed
- 1/2 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Place the arugula, lime and lemon zest in food processor. Add the juice of the lemon and lime.
- Pulse until you have a course chop. Next add pine nuts and parmesan cheese and pulse again to incorporate.
- Now, add the olive oil while the food processor is running to fully incorporate and puree the mixture.
- Set aside until ready to plate.