Author Notes: This dish combines nutritional powerhouses kale, avocado, and egg for an indulgent, buttery, protein-rich and fiber-rich gem of a breakfast. Or lunch. Or brunch, dinner… —HeatherPierceG
leaves of lacinato kale, torn off stems
tablespoon olive oil
pinches sea salt
slices sprouted bread
tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400. Toss kale leaves with olive oil and salt until they are well coated.
- Lay the kale flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until slightly browned at edges (keep an eye on them, those suckers burn fast!).
- Remove kale and set aside.
- Toast bread. Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Crack egg into pan and fry until set, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slice avocado and lay on toast.
- Layer a few crispy kale leaves on top of avocado.
- Top egg over kale. Enjoy!