If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a lovely combination of my favourite ingredients and flavours, and also a great melange of the eastern and western flavours. I loved when I first Catalan spinach salad 5 years ago and I've been making it very often. One day I thought I'd create something new with haloumi cheese. So here is what I came up with and I hope you will like it, too. For a warm halmoui dish, I warmed the hummus in a sauce pan for a minute or two with a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. For different variations, you can add some chickpeas or beans or cream cheese or feta cheese to bulk up as well as to smooth out beetroot taste.
The complete article with the recipe can be found at EatwithNamie. http://eatwithnamie.com/2013/02/07/halloumi-spinach-stack-with-garlicky-beetroot-hummus/ —eatwithnamie
beetroot, tahini, garlic, olive oil, cumin, Dijon mustard
- 3 medium beetroots, cooked
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- squeeze of lemon juice
- pomegranate for garnish
- Process beetroot and garlic, tahini in a blender
- Once it’s become paste, add olive oil and mustard and whiz until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Season with salt and lemon.
- Assemly the spinach and capsicum on the bed of hummus, and place the cheese on top and sprinkle some nuts over the dish and serve immediately.
spinach, spring onion, raisins, walnuts, nutmeg, capsicum, halloumi, lemon, olive oil
- 2 bunches spinach, blanched and drained
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pine nuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 char-grilled capsicum
- 1 packet halloumi cheese
- Toast garlic, nuts and raisins in a frypan with a little olive oil.
- Chop spinach and spring onions finely, add to the pan, turn off the heat and mix.
- Season with salt, nutmeg and a little pepper if you desire, and set aside for assembly
- Char-grill the capsicums and cut into strips and set aside