Author Notes: Here's a quick recipe for a spinach salad, using hearts of palms, radishes and smokey bacon bits.... I'm sure there are tons of recipes like this, nothing here will make cuisine history, but I just grabbed a few things at the store and made this about 10 minutes. Using lemon or lime as a replacement acid for the vinaigrette gives it a nice clean and bright finish. Enjoy! —thatothercook
spicy fresh crunchy radishes
cups baby spinach
hearts of palms from a can
cup Parmesan shavings
pinches Maldon Salt
tablespoon Lime Juice
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tablespoons crispy bacon bits
- slice radishes in rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- slice hearts in 1/2 inch batons, or whatever size you prefer.
- Mix using hands: spinach with some olive oil, salt and lime juice.
- you can add some parmesan shavings as well and keep mixing.
- add the hearts, and the radishes to the bowl and mix as well.
- Add the avocado slices.
- Add bacon bits.
- drizzle some olive oil over it
- Add parmesan shavings.
- Add salt to taste