If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One mouthful of this pie and you will see why this is such a wonderful dish. A wonderful chilli with the addition of spinach and all baked together under a crispy puff pastry topping. Great textures and the most mouthwatering flavours. Chilli will never be the same again… —GourmetVegan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 40 g dried soya mince
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 150 g turtle beans, soaked and cooked ( or any other beans of your choice )
- 200 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milled linseed
- 1 sheet ready roll puff pastry ( I use Jus-Rol )
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius ( 400 F )
- Over a medium heat, in a large pan, fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until the onions have started to soften. Add the carrots and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add the died soya mince, black pepper, chilli, cumin and linseed and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally add in the beans and spinach and combine well until the spinach has wilted.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-proof dish and top with the pastry sheet. Brush with a little soya milk and decorate by scoring the top into diamond shapes. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.