If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This nutritious and low in fat Squash loaf is perfect for breakfast, snack or an afternoon Tea! It's fragrant aromas will fill the house with the enticing scents of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg! —Marisa R
- 4 lg. eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups cooked, mashed buttercup squash*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or any dried fruit)
- pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons granola
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- In a mixer beat egg, then add sugar, oil and applesauce, beat thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients mix only until no flour shows. Stir in dried fruit. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and sprinkle granola over the top. Bake in a preheated oven @ 350F for approx 70min or until skewer comes out clean. Muffins: makes 12 generous sized muffins bake for 20-30min. *Cut squash in half and place cut side up in 350F oven (or when using the oven to roast/bake other foods) and bake until a knife easily pierces the flesh. Cool to handle and scoop out seeds. * ï»¿
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal