If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serve with baby potatoes and snow peas cooked in a steamer.
This is one of my personal favorites! —Gwen Yager
- 1/2 pound veal seallopini
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 4 whole mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dried wild mushrooms, dehydrated
- 1-2 tablespoons white or red wine to glaze
- 1/2 cup chicken stalk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 2 ounces oloroso sherry (or red wine)
- sprinkle thyme and pepper to taste
- Pound each medallion into a thin slice
- heat butter in a large cast iron pan and saute slices in successive batches (don't over fill the pan) for one to two minutes each on high heat.
- Remove meat from heat and place on a plate. Cover loosely.
- Add shallot, garlic and mushrooms to a pan and saute.
- Add wine to glaze and remove the excess brown pieces left over in the pan. Add stock and reduce heat by half.
- Add cream and boil until reduced to 1/2.
- add red wine, thyme and pepper to taste.
- Stir meat into sauce and coat it.
- Read to serve.
More Great Recipes: